The Linearcount has been devised to enable the microbiologist to perform a quick and exact bacterial counts; it is accompanied by a perfect isolation of the colonies, giving the possibility to make a first presumptive identification of the sample on a single support, with an extremely limited manual dexterity. In addition it is practical (the kit is complete with the consumables required as pasteur pipettes and calibrated loops), small (only 10 tests) and can be used in the routine or for specific cases (expiry over 3 months).
- The bacterial count of the sample is determined in the little well number 1 with a new linear sowing principle, using a loop of 10 µl. With the aid of a graduated scale printed on the plate, sample charge is obtained rapidly expressed in U.F.C./ml.
- The insolation of the sample is particularly studied and is also safe in the presence of high bacterial loads, this is possible thanks to the introduction of a specific linear well 1B, placed parallel to that used for counting.
- The linear sowing also helps to dilute any antibiotics or chemical inhibitors present in the samples. The presence of these inhibitors, in the classical immersion systems, causes a total inhibition of growth of the colonies and therefore can lead to false negative.
- Thanks to the transparent support, the display of colonies is more accurate, especially in case of mixed crops (polymicrobal). The amount of medium available and the ability to perform on the same support both OXIDASE and CATALASE tests (wells A and B), allows to have a presumptive identification of the sample.
How to use:
Linearcount 6 media urine culture support contains:
- Mac Conkey Agar (Selective medium for the isolation of enterobacteria)
- C.L.E.D. Agar (allows the growth of all gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and fungi)
- Sabouraud Agar + CAF + TTC (for the isolation of pathogenic fungi from clinical samples; it also allows the differentiation of Candida albicans)
- Pseudomonas Agar (it allows the presumptive identification of Pseudomonas aeruginosa)
- Enterococcus Agar (selective medium for the isolation and enumeration of fecal streptococci)
- M.S.A. (Mannitol Salt Agar) (to detect mannitol fermentation by staphylococcus aureus)
- 10 Linearcount 6
- 10 disponsable loops 10 μl
- 10 calibrated dropper
The lateral wells A, B, C adjacent to the ground can be used for identification or confirmation tests, in disk and in liquid phase without the use of external accessory material. In vitro diagnostic medical devices only for professional use.